Saturday, August 18, 2007

Nasty Nes And The Shockmaster To Reunite...And They Said It Couldn't Be Done

It's true.

Despite all of my best efforts to deconstruct the myth of the mighty Shockmaster Glen Boyd over the past couple of decades, I'm pulling the kangol and the fat gold chains outta the closet to reunite with my former "potna" Nasty Nes next weekend.

The occasion is Seattle's Asian Hip Hop summit on Saturday August 25 at Seattle's Ethnic Cultural Theatre. Nes and I will be co-MCing the event which will feature an unprecedented array of Asian hip hop talent. For eight bucks, you simply can't go wrong here.

You'll find all the details on the spiffy poster I've reposted here.

In addition to being able to check out this fine assortment of some of hip hop's finest, you will also be able to witness Nes and myself recreate some crucial Seattle hip hop history. You see, back in the day we hosted "Seattle's Only All Rap Show In FM Stereo," Rap Attack for the mighty KCMU, and basically made both Hip-hop, and Seattle music history doing so.


KCMU of course has long since gone on to become one of the nation's leading progressive music stations under it's new call letters KEXP.

Speaking of which, Nes and I will also reprise the old Rap Attack radio show the very next night on 90.3 KEXP as we join DJ B Mello on his show in our old time slot.

This should be a lot of fun, and perhaps a somewhat bittersweet trip down memory lane on a strictly personal level.
But am I looking forward to it?

Hell, mutha fukkin yeah I am.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment