Thursday, November 29, 2007

The B-Sides Concept Album On BlogTalk Radio And The Rest Of My Weird Week
So it's been an interesting week.
One of the more interesting developments of my trip to Vegas earlier this month on behalf of Blogcritics came to fruition tonight in the form of my first appearance on something called Blog Talk Radio.

Here I joined two of my fellow Blogcritics, Mark Saleski, and Josh Hathaway for the inaugural run of Hathaway's Blogcritics sponsored radio show The B-Sides Concept Album.

In this initial show, basically what you get is three Springsteen geeks -- that would be Mark, Josh, and myself -- joyously discussing Mr. Bruce on internet radio.

Nothing that my friends (and even a few of my fellow Blogcritics) haven't of course long since tired of, but a lot of fun nonetheless. I also learned tonight that my fellow Bruce blogging pals refer to me with the rather curious name of "Iguana Glen," which is something I definitely am going to have to further inquire with Mr. Hathaway about.


Anyway, as you can no doubt imagine, sixty minutes of unbridled mirth, merriment, and of course plenty of Springsteen geekiness ensued.

Among other things, Sir Mark talks about seeing Springsteen on opening night of the Magic tour in Hartford, while Josh eagerly counts down the days to his first Bruce show this April in Atlanta (time to break this virgin in). As for me, I talk about the different setlists and just why I'll be attending the shows here next March in both Seattle and Portland (it has everything to do with getting both those A and B setlists).

Anyway, you can listen for yourself by clicking on the button below:



The other interesting thing that happened to me this week was I won Jimi Hendrix's guitar.

One of the stops I make every month as part of my day job is at a Bartell's store in Marysville to deliver DVDs and CDs, and I often eat at the pizza joint located inside a Thriftway store nearby. At this same store, they also serve something called Jimi Hendrix Coffee.

Don't ask.

Anyway, so one day last month I was in there having lunch and noticed a box to win an Fender Strat autographed by Hendrix himself, along with an amp, some of that coffee and some Hendrix CDs. So I filled it out and dropped my name inside. Well, damned if they didn't call me Tuesday night to tell me I'd won.


Whoo-Hoo!

I Mean, Aint America Great?

By the way, to Josh and Mark, sorry I forgot to mention that tonight on the radio show. Pretty freaking cool though, huh?

So yeah, it's been an interesting week. Not bad for a guy they call "Iguana Glen" eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment