Saturday, March 22, 2008

Countdown To Bruce Weekend: One Week And Counting...



One week to go...

Can you tell I'm just a little excited? And why wouldn't I be? Based on the setlist reports I've been seeing, it looks like Seattle and Portland are going to be seeing Springsteen and the E Street Band at exactly the right time on this incredible tour. Just look at some of the stuff they've been playing these past few weeks: "Backstreets," "Kittys Back," and "Jungleland" alone have been played sometimes on the same freaking night! Rarities like "Loose Ends," "So Young And In Love," and "Janey Don't You Loose Heart" have been showing up with frightening regularity. Just this past week, "Rendevous" made it's tour debut on a night that saw the ailing Danny Federici back onstage for several songs. "Prove It All Night" is back...my God! the list just goes on and on.

You can check out some of these great moments from the tour..."Candys Room," "Darkness" and "Kitty's Back" for starters ... in the video montage above.

"Radio Nowhere" is no longer even the opening song -- it's now in slot #2 as Bruce is revolving his openers nightly now. Hell, they're even taking requests. I may just have to bring a "Price You Pay In Portland" sign with me next Friday. San Jose is even getting a "requests show" where you can vote from a list of rarely played songs on the local rock station.

Yep, I can't help but feel we are going to be seeing this band at exactly the right time on this tour next week. My 33rd and 34th Bruce shows are going to be right up there in the memorable department I think. See ya' in the pit...I Can't Wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment