Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Rockologist Gets A New Home Page, And A New Gig At Cinema Blend

Don't look now, but the reach of the World Wide Glen just got a little bit wider.

First off, I've taken on a new writing and editing assignment over at Cinema Blend Music, where I started writing articles for their music section earlier this week. And if all goes according to plan, I will soon be named their new music editor. Whoo-Hoo!

Much like Blogcritics, Cinema Blend is an online entertainment magazine, but with a narrower focus strictly on entertainment. In other words, no politics, sports or any of the broader topics you'll find at BC. Also, unlike Blogcritics, the folks at Cinema Blend are actually paying me...though it's not enough to actually justify ending my search for full-time work (which incidentally, hasn't been going very well but that's another story...).

Cinema Blend is basically your beer money sort of gig, but just the fact that somebody wants to pay me to write is encouraging news for this starving writer.

Speaking of Blogcritics, I'm also not going anywhere as far as that gig goes. So you will still be able to find me parked tightly in my seat over there. However, the Cinema Blend gig does come with one caveat in their exclusivity clause. Which basically means, you may not be seeing quite as many of my music reviews here at the mothership as usual. But I will still be reposting my reviews for Blogcritics here at The World Wide Glen.

Got all that?

The other news is that The Rockologist now has it's own webpage, as in an actual Rockologist.com address. So the column I started two years ago for Blogcritics will still be there (at BC), and I will also repost those articles here. But they now also have their very own website which you will find by directing your browser here.

So a good week all in all for this starving writer, at least on the writing front. I'm still not rich, but at least I can sleep knowing that I'm getting paid something a bit more substantial than all of those promo CDs I've been plying my trade all these years for.

Now, if only somebody would actually hire me for a real job...

No comments:

Post a Comment