Friday, September 2, 2011

Praying For My Little Brother Steve


This is the only known picture I have of my little brother Steve Boyd.

I got it from Facebook. Of all of my brothers, Steve is the one I have most closely related to myself. He is a kind, sensitive guy who just can't seem to cut himself a break (sound familiar?). Earlier tonight, I learned that Steve was involved in a horrible traffic accident where a person was tragically killed. Apparently, Steve was also drunk.

Whatever you might think of Steve, I know that amongst a band of Boyd brothers that have a well earned reputation as bad boys, Steve has a great heart, and this is probably eating him up inside far more than the extended jail time he is undoubtedly facing now. We Boyd boys seem to have a particular tendency for drawing out the devil (whether intentionally or otherwise), and from what I know, Steve has had a particularly bad go of it in recent years (losing a daughter among other things).

What I also know is that the fact that Steve may have been responsible for taking another person's life is probably eating him up more inside far more than the extended stay in a jail cell he now undoubtedly faces.

This is a good kid who made a horrible mistake, folks. Honestly, Steve is not a bad guy.

And knowing Steve as I do, I am quite sure he believes he deserves everything that is coming to him. But what I also know is that he didn't mean it, and if he could rewind time and take it back, he would so in a heartbeat.

Please pray for my little brother Steve. He really is a good kid. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment